Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Has Fell




For the life of me I don't know why I live near the beach. Never have been fond of it. My house is 5 miles from the most beautiful part of the Northwest Florida Gulf Coast and I could count the number of times I've been to the beach in the last 10 years on one hand. Something about the sand and salt that just doesn't appeal to me.

My wife and I claim we are mountain people and often joke that we should pull up stakes and move. Of course that isn't going to happen any time soon, but it's fun to imagine.

Of course, the Gulf Coast does have it's natural charms but one thing that this part of the country definitely lacks is Autumn character. Most of the trees that we have here are green year round and those that aren't don't really go through much of the glorious change that is evident in other parts of the country at this time of year.

This shot isn't in the mountains. Far from it actually. This was shot in Lawrence, Kansas about 5 minutes after sun up. I had scouted this spot out while visiting my grandson and carefully watched the weather and sunrise times. After several days of heavy overcast, it seemed as if both would come together at just the right time so I got up early to be here about 15 minutes before the sun rose above the surrounding trees and started shooting.

The sun had just fully emerged from the tree line that is back over my right shoulder. I was fully expecting a glorious show when the sun hit this Fall foliage and I wasn't disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment